This Women’s month, we are bringing power to the women! For those ladies that are in the dark about electrical issues (pardon the pun!), this is for you…
Read the basic and easy steps below on how to wire a plug and you won’t have to wait a minute more for your husband, boyfriend or male buddy to do it for you! 😊
1. Bare the ends of the three wires inside the electrical cord for about half a centimetre, by cutting away the plastic insulation.
2. Gently twist the strands of copper wire with your fingers until each strand is tight.
3. Fold over the twisted strands.
4. Remove the plug cover by either “snapping” or unscrewing it.
5. Unscrew the little screws on each of the plug’s pins.
6. Insert the twisted copper wires into the holes in the pins.
7. The green and yellow wire must always be inserted into the top pin.
8. The blue wire is inserted into the left pin (the pin is marked with a blue spot or the letter N).
9. The brown wire is inserted into the right pin (the pin is marked with a brown spot or the letter L)
10. Tighten the little screw on each of the plug’s pins.
11. Make sure the electrical cord is firmly gripped by the arrestor clips.